Alright guys, this dish was inspired by a friend who wanted to have a Big Mac and Mcflurry game night. This dude went all out, toasted buns, special sauce, everything. When we layered our own burgers he was sure that we layered them correctly, I mean, I got in trouble for putting cheese down first, sue me!
Recently I have been craving a good burger since my favorite burger joint closed because of covid, Zinburger, they have other locations, but they are so far away and it makes my heart sad! It is currently around 30 degrees F and I am a big fan of chili and it felt like chili kind of night, so that is what was on the menu.
I normally do a super easy taco chili that I dump salsa and taco seasoning in with ground beef and a couple of cans of beans and call it good. Tonight I wanted to be adventurous, so I tried to mimic that Big Mac and Mcflurry night and this is what I came up with.
I would say it is pretty close, not a perfect match, but very delicious! I did this recipe in an instant pot so the instant pot directions are in () within the directions.
2lb ground beef
1/2 sweet onion diced
1 tbs of minced garlic (roughly 3-4 cloves)
1 red bell pepper diced
8oz can of tomato paste
1/2 to 1 cup of beef broth
1/8 cup of your favorite steak/hamburger seasoning (I used McCormick Montreal steak seasoning)
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 package of microwavable cauliflower rice
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tbs of Dijon mustard
2 tbs of pickle juice (add 1 more tbs more if you like it tangier)
1/2 tsp creole seasoning
Shredded cheddar cheese
Minced pickles or relish
Diced raw sweet onion
- Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic to a pot with some oil in it. Sprinkle some salt and pepper to season it just a bit. Cook until tender, about 3-4 minutes. (if in the instant pot set on saute and add the ingredients)
- Add the beef, steak/hamburger seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato paste. Brown the meat. (still on saute)
- Add the cauliflower rice and beef broth, bring to a boil. Lower the temperature to medium low and simmer for about 15 minutes. (switch instant pot to soup/broth low pressure for 15 minutes)
- While the chili cooks up mix up the sauce. It is super simple. Just mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- When the chili is down cooking, taste, and add more steak/hamburger seasoning to your liking; starting with 1 tbs at a time.
- Top with your preferred toppings and enjoy!